Here’s a LCHF treat to add some fat into your diet that is quite tasty.
1 cup coconut oil (flavoured or unflavoured)
1/2 cup peanut butter (just roasted peanuts, no other ingredients. I used crunchy)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp Truvia (adjust according to your desire for sweetness)*
8 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
– Use 1 tbsp cocoa and mill it with the tbsp of Truvia until a fine powder.
– Melt all ingredients over medium heat until well mixed.
– Pour into a measuring cup with a spout and then pour into ice cube trays, or candy moulds, or any type of small, bite-sized container.
– Freeze until set, then transfer to container with lid and keep refrigerated.
Try other types of nut butter. Or use 1 1/2 cups of coconut oil to omit the need for nut butter of any kind.
Try milling 1 tsp instant coffee, or 1 tsp cinnamon, or even cumin for an interesting sweet and savoury combination (if you try cumin in your chocolate, start by adding 1/4 tsp first, pour enough to an ice cube tray to create half a treat and freeze it. Then taste it before you use up an entire recipe).
* 1 tbsp of Truvia isn’t very sweet, I prefer my chocolate on the dark side (equal to 75%-80% of commercial dark chocolate)
If you follow a true LCHF lifestyle, adding a few more fat bombs daily can get you out of a stall and get your metabolism fired up again.